NOTE (4 August 2021): With the Scottish Government continuing to relax Covid restrictions across the country, we are ever more excited about reopening for our long-awaited 2021/22 curling season from Monday 27 September. Please browse this page for more information and if you wish to enquire or book we will confirm any changes since this page was last written.
As an inclusive and unique winter sport, curling is the ideal group activity. People of all abilities, aged 8+, can participate in our entertaining experiences. We are open from early to late, 7 days a week, throughout the curling season (mid-September to late March). Whether you want to book for friends & family, team building, corporate events, a stag/hen party, or whatever else, our qualified coaches will have you sharing plenty of laughs while learning to play like the pros.
Our ice rink has seven sheets of ice (like lanes in a bowling alley), which each host a maximum of eight participants. If your group has more than 8 participants, you will need to book additional sheet(s) to host your full group. The cost includes all the necessary curling equipment plus a qualified coach per sheet to ensure that everyone safely learns the basics and enjoys a proper game experience.
We have plenty of free on-site car parking, are easily accessed from both Edinburgh city centre (east) or the airport (west), and can offer use of our clubrooms. Bar/Catering facilities are also available.
Please note that all Group Experiences must be booked in advance, preferably with at least 2 weeks notice, so that we can source qualified coaches for you.
If you are hoping to book, please download our Group Experience Guide for more information, download and complete a Booking Interest Form, then return it to us – email@example.com
Group Experience packages
All prices are per sheet (maximum of 8 participants) and include a qualified coach.
Starter Package – £200 for your curling session including a 30 minute introduction and 1h 45mins on the ice.
Bronze Package – £240 includes your curling session, a hot filled roll, and tea/coffee.
Silver Package – £285 includes your curling session, soup and sandwiches, and a drink from the bar.
Gold Package – £340 includes your curling session, a 3-course meal, and a drink from the bar.
For all packages, additional meals can be added on a per head basis. Please contact us for more information.
Please note that this schedule may vary on some dates, due to special events.
What equipment do you need?
There’s only one thing you need to bring – a spare pair of spotlessly clean, rubber-soled trainers to change into after arriving inside the rink. Please do not wear these during your journey because moisture is dangerously slippy and any dirt or debris will damage the ice. A tiny speck of dirt may not seem like much, but it’s enough to kick our 20kg curling stones wildly off target!
If you are concerned that your trainers won’t have enough grip, we can provide specially-designed grippers to put over your shoes.
All other curling equipment is provided by us.
What should we wear?
We recommend thick socks, warm layers of loose clothing, plus maybe even a hat and gloves. As you warm-up you can remove layers to stay comfortable – which is far better than being cold!
As curling can involve a lot of bending and stretching, we do not recommend anything that either restricts movement or risks revealing more than you intend (eg: jeans, fitted clothing, skirts/dresses).
The booking process:
- Download our Booking Interest Form, complete the requested details, and email it to us – firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will be respond regarding availability & suitable alternatives (note there’s no curling until Sept 2021, due to Covid-19).
- Tell us which session you would like to book.
- We will provisionally book the ice for your preferred session, while awaiting confirmation that qualified coaches will be available for your session. The coaches are here in their own time, not members of staff, so it’s best if we can provide them with as much notice as possible. If we don’t have confirmation from coaches within two weeks of your event, you can either reschedule or cancel your booking. Unfortunately Group Experiences can’t proceed without a coach.
- If a coach (or coaches for more than one sheet of ice) confirm that they are available, we will contact you to confirm your booking and issue your invoice.
- Pay your invoice in advance of your event.
- Enjoy your curling experience. If anyone wants to do more curling, we have a variety of courses and clubs that would welcome new curlers. Of course, your group is also very welcome to book again.