Edinburgh Curling Club Limited (SC138893)
Murrayfield Curling Limited (SC110627)
For existing and new members
What this privacy notice covers
Edinburgh Curling Club Limited and Murrayfield Curling Limited are committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to ‘we’ and ‘us’ means Edinburgh Curling Club Limited and Murrayfield Curling Limited. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
What we need
Edinburgh Curling Club Limited and Murrayfield Curling Limited will be “controllers” of the personal information that you provide us in this form, unless otherwise stated.
When you register as a member of Edinburgh Curling Club Limited or renew your membership (including if you are registering on behalf of a child under the age of 16), we will ask you for the following personal in-formation:
- contact details – name, address, telephone number(s), email address, mother club and date of birth;
- equality information – gender identity and disability information
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership which enables you to curl at Murrayfield Curling Rink and to comply with licensing laws. We will use our members’ personal information to:
- send you membership communication by post or email in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to, events occurring at the curling rink, general meeting notices, membership renewals, ice bookings, information on membership fees and fundraising information.
We require you to provide us with all of this personal information to confirm your membership of Edinburgh Curling Club Limited which allows you to curl at Murrayfield Curling Rink. If you choose to opt of receiving communication then this will limit our ability to keep you fully informed about your membership and events at the ice rink.
We need to collect non-members’ personal information when booking curling sessions so we can honour bookings.
- when you book a place with us and attend a curling session we need to collect your contact details so we can honour your booking and enable you to participate in the curling session.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information we need to collect this will affect our ability to book your place.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- promote and encourage participation in the sport of Curling by sending communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events to members. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed, and your name and mother club may also be used with images captured from our competitions and events, which we may use for promotional purposes;
- provide competition in the sport of Curling by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered in to the correct competition;
- respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, and concerns
- ensure that curlers who curl at Murrayfield are members of Edinburgh Curling Club Limited
- comply with licensing laws
We also process personal data of non-members who have participated in curling sessions personal infor-mation in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- promote and encourage future participation in the sport of curling by providing information about events at the ice rink.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to ob-ject to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us at 13a Riversdale Crescent Edinburgh EH12 5XN. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect your ability to be a member of Edinburgh Curling Club Limited.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the pur-poses of complying with our obligations under:
- the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
- We may be required to share your personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations may include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
- We may share your personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
- As an affiliated club of Scottish Curling we are required to ensure that all of our members are mem-bers of Scottish Curling as a condition of affiliation. We will share your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, and any other information they may require in order to carry out their responsibilities as a Sports Governing Body in Scotland. Scottish Curling will become a “controller” of your personal information when they receive it. Scottish Curling’s privacy notice ex-plains how they use your personal information and can be accessed here.
- We may share personal information with any club with whom you are affiliated for the purpose of ensuring we have accurate information.
- Edinburgh Curling Club Limited may share your personal information with Murrayfield Curling Limited and vice versa for the purposes of communicating with you about the facility, access to it and other operational matters.
- We may share your personal information with areas and provinces of Scottish Curling and ice rinks in connection with the sport of curling.
- We may share your personal information with members of Edinburgh Curling School for the purposes of participation in curling.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, as identified above, we will on-ly share such personal information strictly required for the specific purpose and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those pur-poses. We will not share your details with any other third party than those identified above,
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored in a locked filing cabinet, electronically on a pc/laptop which is password protected, and on a cloud-based database system. Your personal information is accessed by Edinburgh Curling Club Limited/Murrayfield Curling Limited staff and board members for the purposes set out above.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership ser-vices. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for three years or are a non-member for two years.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at 13a Riversdale Cres Edinburgh EH 12 5XN
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
- if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
- you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
- if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Edinburgh Curling Club Limited and Murrayfield Curling Limited will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.
Links to Other Web Sites
This privacy document applies only to edinburghcurling.co.uk.
Changes to this Policy
EU Cookie Compliance
In May 2012 new EU Privacy Laws on the use of browser cookies came into force.
You can control your acceptance of cookies and/or disable them entirely in your web browser settings — and the latest versions of leading browsers provide even more control over how your browser handles cookies.
By continuing to use this website you acknowledge that your browser settings are sufficient to indicate your consent to the use of first-party cookies to help improve overall usability and refine the content and services we offer.