Welcome to Murrayfield Curling Ltd., home of Edinburgh Curling Club. We are a seven sheet curling facility located in the heart of Scotland’s capital city of Edinburgh.
Edinburgh Curling Club was set up to provide the following to members –
1. To promote the game of curling and any other kind of amusement, recreation, sport or entertainment.
2. To provide and maintain the club rooms and other facilities for the benefit of members and their guests.
3. To hold, arrange or promote curling matches and events. To contribute towards prizes, awards and distinctions.
There are different types of membership – adult, junior/school, and honorary.
Honorary memberships are conferred in recognition of being a distinguished curler, or for services to the club or the game of curling.
Currently there are approx 1600 members of Edinburgh Curling Club.
Board of Directors –
The Board consist of eight members as follows:
|Vice President||John Hogarth|
|Past President||Jim Ramsay|
|Operations Director||Paul Stevenson|
Interested in getting involved? Find out more about nominations for the ECC Board.
Murrayfield Curling Ltd
Murrayﬁeld Curling Ltd exists to meet two related purposes –
1. To provide high quality curling facilities both on and off the ice to all curlers at Murrayﬁeld. This is undertaken in the ice facility owned by the company, and by staff employed by the company.
2. The majority shareholder in the company is Edinburgh Curling Club Ltd. The minority shareholders are the Kerr and Neill families who own the adjacent Murrayﬁeld Ice Rink.
Board of Directors –
The Board currently consists of four directors –
|Chairman and Independent Director||Norman Watt|
|nominated by Edinburgh Curling Club Ltd||Paul Stevenson|
|nominated by Edinburgh Curling Club Ltd||Michael Wood|
|Independent Director||Stewart Cobb|
|Company Secretary||Jenny Barr|
Edinburgh Curling School
ECS are a dedicated group of volunteer curlers who, in conjunction with Murrayfield Curling Ltd, provide coaching for curlers of Edinburgh and the Lothians.
The Royal Caledonian Curling Club (RCCC) is the National Governing Body for Scottish Curling. Their mission is to develop a robust infrastructure of clubs and facilities that will support the growth of the sport, increase the number of people who enjoy curling in Scotland and sustain medal success at world class levels.
Midlothian Curling Province
View from the Hack
A blog site written by our very own Ted Edmunds