We have sent an email to all Club/Event Secretaries (at 15:25 on Friday 6 November), with information about our aim to resume curling in January along with some related questions to assist our planning.
If you would expect to get this type of email and haven't received it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
It is with considerable regret that we, Murrayfield Curling Ltd, after consultation with Edinburgh Curling Club, have made the decision to suspend curling at Murrayfield until the end of December.
This decision became inevitable after full consideration of the details emanating from the Scottish Government’s announc...
Following the Scottish Government's announcement yesterday of the new 5 tier system and the fact that Edinburgh City has been designated as being in Tier 3, which prevents indoor group exercise for +18s, we require to extend our closure for at least a further week, subject to the next review on 9th November.
We will ...
Following the Scottish Government's latest announcement at lunchtime today, unfortunately we will need to stay closed for another week until Monday 2nd November when a new 5-tier system will be introduced.
We will continue to issue updates by email and our website/socials whenever we get confirmation.
In the meanti...
You may have seen or heard some news over the past week that Murrayfield Ice Rink has now closed for the foreseeable and is calling for government funding to secure its future. Please be aware that this solely affects the historic (Category-B listed) Art Deco skating/hockey rink next door: Our recently renovated 7-sheet ...
Following the Scottish Government's announcement yesterday (Wednesday 7 October 2020), and ongoing discussions with Scottish Curling, we regret to announce that as part of regional restrictions, our curling rink will be closed after Friday 9 October and for 16 days, reopening Monday 26 October.
The Office will be in ...
Due to the postponement of Scottish Curling's 2020 Asham Under 21 Slam event (due to take place at Curl Edinburgh from Friday 9 - Sunday 11 October) we have taken the decision to close the building for those three days, so that we can perform a deep clean and staff training. There will be no public access on these days. We ...
This morning we sent an email to members about our Return To Curling document (version 1), explaining new protocols for the upcoming season in response to Covid-19 restrictions.
These will apply to all members and visitors.
Update (19 October 2020): To read Version 2 of our Return To Curling document, please click ...
Tuesday 17 March 2020, 17:00
ICE RINK WILL CLOSE AFTER PLAY ON WEDNESDAY 18th MARCH
Your Directors have been closely monitoring the rapidly developing situation concerning the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, assessing and considering sometimes conflicting and contradictory advice issued.
The ECC Board has been carrying out a feasibility study into substantially enlarging the balcony area in our curling rink.
The Board appreciate that you may wish to hear more details about the project and its financing, so we will be holding a meeting in the clubrooms on Friday 6th March at 7.00pm and will be ...